worm cast

  • roberto
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2001
      Here in Southland, New Zealand, I am including a small amount of dried,
      powdered vermicast (worm poo) in some of my batches of seed balls. The
      vermicast adds a plasticity to the ball, making it less likely to crumble
      or fracture when thrown. I believe there are other benefits to using the
      castings also. It has been suggested that they will contain beneficial
      micorrhiza as well. Is this well known to you all anyway?

      Roberto
    • John Jensen
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2001
        --- In fukuoka_farming@y..., roberto <guy10@a...> wrote:
        > Here in Southland, New Zealand, I am including a small amount of
        dried,
        > powdered vermicast (worm poo) in some of my batches of seed balls.
        The
        > vermicast adds a plasticity to the ball, making it less likely to
        crumble
        > or fracture when thrown. I believe there are other benefits to
        using the
        > castings also. It has been suggested that they will contain
        beneficial
        > micorrhiza as well. Is this well known to you all anyway?
        >

        > Roberto

        Oh yeah buddy, with tips like that we should be able to get along
        just fine. I hope to be of some help to you as well someday...
        Thanks Johnboy