not just blackberries and tomatoes

  • AaronBrachfeld@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5 11:22 AM
      Raspberries, sunflowers and countless other species prefer only the company of their own kind. Others like Cilantro/Corriander withstand even the rigors of bindweed! Onions will grow anywhere with anything (quite amicable). Every plant has its own personality. Weeds are good, too: besides the reasons that Fukuoka asserts, many of them are edible. The purslane and the pigweed and the lambsquarter...all these are delicious. Also, the weeds lower the rate of evaporation for water in the ground, I've noticed.

      Its wonderful to hear so many other people have also had success growing plants together (I also grow tomatoes under trees and can also vouch for the success of peppers in similar situations and I grow 30 miles south of the Wyoming border).

      --Aaron Brachfeld