Re: [fukuoka_farming] making the change

  • John Frederick
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3 5:29 AM
      Hi Jamie,

      Thanks for bringing back the focus.

      Do you know of anyone with direct experience of the Fukuoka-Bonfils method of growing winter wheat? I am starting trials and want to speak to those who've done it first hand, and also find sources for older pure winter wheat varieties.

      Best wishes,

      John

    • jamie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3 10:41 AM
        Hello John, I replied to a personal email sent asking the same question the
        other day and had not replied to your earlier post to the group because I
        thought two emails in the same week wanting the same information would have
        to be related.

        However, if you're separate individuals/groups looking to experiment,
        perhaps I can connect you? But here's the reply I sent:

        "I'm also interested in Marc Bonfils methods but have not yet experimented
        with them myself. Unfortunately I heard from Emilia that Marc had burnt all
        his research material some years ago so there isn't any new material to add
        to what is available on the internet.

        However, I do recall Emilia mentioning a farm in France as a contact - you
        could search the Fukuoka_Farming archive for the information. There is also
        Emilia's friend Kali, who has her library and could ask her if she's
        uncovered any more information that might add to our knowledge if you like.

        Perhaps if you could give me some more details of what you plan (and what
        you already know) I could be more specific in my request."

        HTH

        Jamie
        Souscayrous

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4 12:50 AM
          I Jamie and all of you

          >> I also notice that I can no longer access the www.fukuokafarmingol.net
          website and have emailed Larry, but have yet to receive a reply - does
          anyone know if Larry is still involved or have his interests taken him
          elsewhere?

          - I can access to the web site you refer to.
          - Larry might be overdoing with something else and may be his garden first
          <g>
          I e-mailed him on the 20th of May have no answer, yet. (nothing urgent)

          Best wishes
          Beatrice

          Udim, Israel
        • jamie
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4 2:59 AM
            Hello Beatrice, thanks for the response - just to be clear, I'm not saying I
            don't get a website when I type in www.fukuokafarmingol.net, but that I get
            www.larryhaftl.com which is Larry's freelance journalism pitch and not the
            Fukuoka pages I know Larry spent so much time producing.

            I emailed Larry a couple of days ago about this but no response yet. I
            suspect there's some glitch in the website server/ISP, but if anyone's heard
            from larry or is in touch with him, could they let him know.

            Thanks

            Jamie
            Souscayrous