essay contest try #2

  • Treesa Rogerson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29 1:12 AM
      The Computeron Babylon is my lifeline to the thinking
      universe. And why's that? Because I am full of
      limiting factor, and haven't been boatin in a long
      time.

      All this internet writing, like writing in sand (to
      quote some random listserve typist), can be some of
      the better writing I do. Do you ever find that your
      letters are the best thing you write?

      What am I wasting your time for about now?

      Essay contest, only 3000 entries last year, top prize
      is $20K, 8th (and least) prize is $5K.

      Money money, whatev. Buy some land, Wh'ever.

      The question is this, in 2000 words or less:

      Do We Need Nature?

      It hurts to think about writing an answer to that
      question, but forge on: The client, the reader, I
      mean the sponsors are- cough- Shell Oil and The
      Economist magazine. The winning entry will publish in
      the 'zine

      website is www.shelleconomistprize.com

      This, grasshopper, is a chance to shine it
      (permaculture)

      How can WE (open to collaboration but will probably
      write it alone) write a little piece--maybe a letter--
      that forgives, exposes, shows the light to, and
      believes in the mindset that would need to ask such a
      question????????????????????????????????????????????

      One good thing about writing on this sand screen is
      the delete button. A few times I erased the word
      "stupid", placed both before and after the word
      'mindset' in the sentence above... I craft my ego by
      my deletions, and I craft those stupid mindsets by my
      friendship.

      Any help here? Wanna write together? I done writin,
      lots of it... maybe incklude a poem

      I nature,
      therefore I need

      TJR