Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Thought and Representation: Our Place in Nature

  • jbmc@attglobal.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2003
      strawrevolution wrote:

      > According to Shakespeare (and other Renaissance folk) man is caught halfway between angel and animal -- thus the dilemma of ever "knowing" our position in the "natural world" becomes impossibly problematic.

      * * * * * * *
      I happen to share this Shakespearian view of Man, not in the sense,
      however, that Man "is caught" between two irreconcilable realities - hence
      the dilemma - but rather in the sense that He "is" the product of the "fusion"
      of the angelic and animal realities.

      Please observe that Spirit and Matter were brought together for
      the creation of a Being called Man. There is NO Man in the absence of Spirit,
      as there is NO Man in the absence of Matter.

      There IS, however, a *dysfunctional* Man as a result of a
      disturbed interaction between Spirit and Matter. Hence the imperative
      necessity relative to the identification of the root-cause of the disturbance
      in question.

      Religion and Science are both miserably failing at solving the
      Human problematique simply because They are both addressing a "no-Man",
      - a ghost-Man if You will - the former the non-existent "spiritual-Man",
      the latter the equally non-existent "physical-Man".

      Regards, jb Mirabile-caruso.