Re: [fukuoka_farming] Ecocity Builders and Richard Register

  • Robert Monie
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9 3:16 PM
      Hi Jeneva,
      Thanks for the URLs to Richard Register. I hadn't looked at his work for a few years and was relying on memory. It's odd how involvement with natural farming can change one's perspective. These renovations of Strawberry Creek had looked very "wild and dangerous" to me back in the 1990s. Today, after growing a few very small polyculture "jungles" of my own, Register's landscape looks as well-manicured as an English manor lawn. But I still like the idea, and his transformations are a lot better than the asphalt and smog jungle (another kind of "jungle").
      Bob Monie

      Jeneva Storme <jenevastorme@...> wrote: Here is their website, and pages with pictures:

      http://www.citizen-planners.org/ecocitybuilders/heart.html

      http://www.citizen-planners.org/ecocitybuilders/downtown.html

      =====
      Greening West Broadway Coordinator
      "Neighbourhood Solutions for Community Change"

      West Broadway Development Corporation
      640 Broadway, Winnipeg, MB R3C 0X3
      phone: 774-3534 fax: 779-2203
      website: http://www.westbroadway.mb.ca