Re: Technique

  • Jared Gellert
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2003
      Dear Bob et al:

      Don't get me wrong. I like technique and intend to use some of the ideas in
      Reich's book. Fukuoka developed seedballs as a technique so that the birds
      wouldn't eat the grain, as I recall.

      If the ultimate crop of a farm is the farmer, you still don't get to produce
      the farmer without any produce. As Fukuoka said about people who came to
      his farm and expected to laze around and do nothing, they were in for a
      surprise. The grace of a Zen garden that makes it seem effortless comes
      about through a lot of hard work and self-cultivation.

      What makes this discussion list different is that we are also concerned with
      the cultivation of the farmer. The post about "what if we are the problem"
      is a great example.

      Jared