geese

  • Jon Wood
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2003
      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Zack Domike <arcada888@y...>
      wrote:
      Along the line of questioning about ducks, I like geese
      Thanks,
      Zachary
      **********************
      Zachary, I've raised geese. Toulouese. And they can survive on grass:
      they love grass better than most anything else. They WILL eat a few
      bugs, worms, slugs, but feed mostly on tender sweet grass. Summer and
      winter if you'll provide it for them.

      They like a bit of grain in early spring right before nesting time,
      and during the winter. If you had a real pond, you'd have to feed
      them less due to the pond life they eat.

      Good luck. Geese are good watch dogs, too, and you'll have little
      trouble from predators unless you have big game predators.
      Jon Wood-Kentucky, zone 6B