ducks raising

  • Jon Wood
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 5 3:10 PM
      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, "Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude
      Catry" <instinct@s...> wrote:
      does any one of you raise ducks without buying feeds ?
      could they do well on only foraging .?
      which plants seems favored by them .?
      we don't have a body of water .
      jean-claude
      *****************
      Wild ducks survive without help from humans: so can tame ducks in a
      few ways. But they'll still need a source of water. A deep pond to
      browse in, a river nearby and ability to fly there and a reason to
      return to you.

      I'd suggest heirloom chickens. Much more benefit to you and your
      homestead perhaps. And, yes, you can grow your own food for them if
      you've enough room.
      Jon Wood
    • Scott Hitchins
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 6 3:55 PM
        This duck is known as Muscovy in many countries. It is good eating and often quite personable.
        Scott H
        Australia