Re: [fukuoka_farming] biking instead of bombing or sweat instead of oil

  • Harald und Margit Wedig
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 22 2:48 PM
      Robin, Maya,or Napi wrote:

      > Are there connections through Europe to bike from you in the
      > Netherlands, through France by the fields that Emilia loved, to
      > look way across the farmland from the ridge at Souscayrous?

      Harald:
      Yes, there is an old pilgrims path, its use can be traced back to the
      time of the druids, to whom it was the path of initiation. It comes down
      from northern Europe and goes all the way through France, then across
      the Pyrenees and finally to Galica in northwestern Spain and its mayor
      city, Santiago de Compostela. Its called the way of St. James or Camino
      de Santiago. Like a big river with many sources in the North it flows
      through Europe and ends in Galica which was Finis Terra, the end of the
      world, to the medieval europeans. You can cycle most of the Camino with
      every ordinary bike; with a mountain bike definetly all of it.
      Robin, Maya, you are cordially invited to our place and we would love to
      show you our place, our region and ways to travel through Europe,
      elegantly and priceworthy.
      We, that is a small family, Margit (41), Friederike(13) and I,
      Harald(48).
      We are developing a forest garden on 4 acres of land, sandy soil.
      Here we have 650 mm of average annual rainfall and an annual average
      temperature of 10 C°.
      Peace and Salaam,
      Harald