Re: Off Topic - Plant's location in Japan

  • norie
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2003
      Hello everyone,

      As a super novice to both Fukuoka's ideas and to farming, I don't have much
      to contribute at this point, but would like to say how I have been enjoying
      your discussions.

      I'm also living in Japan, and when I joined a few weeks ago, I expected to
      find a strong group of Fukuoka farmers still in existence in Japan. I'm
      disappointed by the news that there aren't many, but excited to be in touch
      with people who value his ideas.

      > I haven't yet asked the store and its restaurant that only
      > serves no pesticide, no manure vegetables.
      > Those of you who are in Japan can go try for yourselves. It > is called
      "Plants" and located Ekoda, Yokohama.

      The correct name of the station is Eda.
      Here is the website address (only in Japanese)
      http://www.naturalharmony.co.jp/sub7htm.htm

      I've been there, (and to their sister restaurant in Tokyo, Angolo), but was
      unaware of this information at the time. The veggies in the store were a
      more expensive than food labeled as 'organic' at my local grocers , but now
      I know why.

      Warm regards,
      Norie Fukuda