Re: Corn pollination

  • Judy Phillips
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 20 5:22 AM
      Jean Claude wrote:
      >it is time to find out which weeds will inhibit corn germination and sow
      his
      >field at night

      Bravo Jean Claude! I know activists in many European communities have
      actually gone out and uprooted these hated GMO crops to protect their
      heirloom and OP crops.
      Short of that, Deb, one protective measure you might take is to attempt to
      grow a corn species with a different maturation rate than your neighbors to
      avoid contamination.
      Unfortunately, I am sure that Iowa is pretty far gone on this GMO issue--but
      if there are any political action groups in your area you may want to get
      involved in speaking out against these agricorp polluters. Perhaps they can
      offer strategies to help you to avoid contamination as well...please do keep
      us up to date.
      Best of luck to you--I wish I had more real help and advice to offer, but
      will follow this thread with great interest. This GMO issue has me frothing
      at the mouth as well. It is a monument to short-sighted egotistical thinking
      and may well spell worldwide famine.
      Judy Phillips