Re: UNCLASSIFIED:-Re: [fukuoka_farming] Permaculture

  • Sergio Montinola
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15 4:29 PM
      --- Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry
      <instinct@...> wrote:

      > > Nice response to the differences between the two.
      > Something people who
      > are
      > > interested in permaculture might find interesting
      > is that David Holmgren
      > > has published a new book (first in 25 years) on
      > permaculture called
      > > "Permaculture: Principles and Pathways beyond
      > Sustainability". Apparently
      > > he launches into a fully fledged philosophy of
      > permaculture, around some
      > > key principles that are implicit but not fully
      > stated in his initial
      > > writings. What I find interesting, from a Natural
      > Farming perspective, is
      > > the move away from technique to thoughtful
      > reflection on our actions in
      > the
      > > world - is this a progression from
      > systems/techniques to
      > > meditation/reflection?
      >
      > that sound a good step toward the de-cultivation of
      > the mind ( the mountain
      > descent he is talking about ) i see Natural way of
      > farming as a radical
      > shift at the mind level to an a-culture or a no
      > culture ( in the sens where
      > a culture become more and more complexified in
      > their unquenched thirst
      > for progress ).
      >
      > permanent agriculture or permanent culture is still
      > a pretension . no
      > cultures after the neolithic have been able to live
      > and maintain their
      > appetite very long and their populations having to
      > come back to more basic
      > relationship with nature ( mediterraneans cultures ,
      > mayans etc...)
      > I apreciate Holmgren effort to integrate
      > permaculture into a more profound
      > and global philosophy.
      >
      > we need to absolutelly question this basic idea and
      > drive that motivate
      > neolithic cultures to improve ( inproved from what?
      > jean-claude>
      >
      > DEAR JEAN,

      TO IMPROVE FROM THE WANTON DESTRUCTION OF NATURE'S
      GIFT TO MANKIND. NATURE IS PERFECT, MAN IS NOT. THAT'S
      THE WHOLE QUESTION. FUKUOKA HAS PROVEN THIS, AND WE
      HOPE TO PROPAGATE TO THE WHOLE WORLD. EACH ONE MUST
      PRACTICE THE PRINCIPLES OF FUKUOKA AND NOT IMITATE ALL
      HIS WORKS. EACH ONE MUST PRACTICE WHAT IS BEST FOR HIS
      LAND AND REGION.

      REGARDS,
      SERGE MONTINOLA
      PHILIPPINES