Diet and Fukuka: My Two Cents

  • William Krueger
    Message 1 of 56 , Mar 6, 2003
      For all those who feel we have digressed into the topic of food, I would say this: The subject of what we eat is not in any way irrelevent to the Fukuokan Philosophy. Perhaps more so now that people have begun to debate what is "natural" and what is not. To be a Fukuokan is to recognize the interrelated aspects of all subjects; and in this case the relationship between what we put in mouth and what we put in the ground is obvious. Just as surly as we seek a match between seed and soil, so too do we seek foods that match our bodies. For all those that wish to continue on this food vein, I am all ears.
      jamie <jamie@...> wrote:Hello everyone, I don't want to pour scorn on the clearly strongly held
      belief's of many involved in this thread on diet, and I recognise it is
      important to understand our food needs before we plant the seeds of those
      foods, but the terminology in this debate is getting looser and looser, so
      that anytime soon I think we will discover that no one is really talking to
      anyone else about the same subject.

      'Instinct' is a thoroughly difficult concept to define and 'evolution',
      especially when applied to human development, is notoriously open to abuse
      by those wishing to project a particular socio-political ideal (the Eugenics
      Movement, Nazism and much Sociobiology spring immediately to mind).

      So while diet is intrinsically part of farming and Fukuoka_Farming, perhaps
      it would be well to look to what Fukuoka has to say: Chapter IV of One-Straw
      Revolution has much that is interesting on diet, natural diet, western fads
      and cooking. For those who do not have a copy of any books by Fukuoka you
      can follow his thoughts from the e-copy available in the files section of
      the Fukuoka_Farming email group at
      www.groups.yahoo.com/group/Fukuoka_Farming or if you are not a signed up
      member of the group and only read the debate online contact me off-list at
      Jamie@... and I'll send you a copy.

      Jamie
      Souscayrous...just trying to keep the subjects on the subject of Fukuoka and
      Natural farming

      Message 56 of 56 , Mar 19, 2003
        The tartare and carpaccio taste better already.