Re: [fukuoka_farming]- reply to Zach

  • Sergio Montinola
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2003
      Dear Deb,

      After reading your email to Zach, I admire and envy
      you for your philisophy and living a life of your
      convictions.

      The US is really a land of contrust. The main thing is
      that you are free and safe to do what you believe and
      want.

      If there is anything worth living, a simple life and
      the philosophy of Fukuoka is still an alternative
      worth considering.

      May God enter in your life and bless you and He will
      take care if only people will continue to have faith
      and surrender to His will.

      Thanks for knowing you, we in the Philippines join you
      in your wisdom and humility.

      Serge

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • debhlv <debhlv@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13, 2003
        ---Hello Serge,
        Thank you for your kind words, and blessing.
        I have recently only, been introduced to Mr.Fukuoka (Fukuoka-san?
        am unsure of how to address him) and his-philosophy?-it seems so much
        bigger (and simpler), to me than a mere practice of agriculture. I had
        posted a while ago, speaking of being a kindergardener in the area of
        Fukuoka. I must now amend that, I am not certain I was even to
        preschool level then, barely above that now.
        There is such a simple grace and humor to him, almost too simple
        and clean for my head to grasp, if that makes any sense.
        <G> I have a notebook by my puter always, and I now have a few
        pages scribbled full of questions I get while reading the background
        and other information, as I can. Most of my questions are being
        answered as I continue to read, but more seem to pop up.
        Goofy questions, such as "What do I do with my veggie scraps, if I
        don't have a compost pile?!?" Aha! This simple, graceful way of growing
        things is flexible, adaptable, as well as simple and full of grace!!!
        To the lady who introduced me to this whole area, and this group
        in particular, I thank you, so much. I would speak of you by name, to
        give you due credit, but there might be those who would prefer you
        never introduced "The Mouth" here! {:)
        You do speak the truth, Serge, when you say the important thing is
        that I do have the freedom to follow my own path, and actively search
        for other paths I have not been cognizant of before. That is part of
        the riches of us, and I am grateful for it.
        Please practice in your way, as you can, what is shared here. The
        honesty of this way of growing with Mom Earth is a way of blessings,
        and a path with heart.
        Thanks for knowing you, too, Serge.
        Larry, I am so grateful to you for putting together this group,
        your website, and introducing us clumsy folk with our thumbs in our
        ears to this area. Am not nearly able to spend the time in your areas
        yet I would like, but the time I can squeeze in, is never wasted. deb

        In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Sergio Montinola <
        sjmosprey2001@y...> wrote:
        > Dear Deb,
        >
        > After reading your email to Zach, I admire and envy
        > you for your philisophy and living a life of your
        > convictions.

      • Larry Haftl
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 13, 2003
          Hello Deb,

          > Larry, I am so grateful to you for putting together this group,
          >your website, and introducing us clumsy folk with our thumbs in our
          >ears to this area. Am not nearly able to spend the time in your areas
          >yet I would like, but the time I can squeeze in, is never wasted. deb

          I'm glad you are getting useful information here, but I can't take
          much credit for any of it. The group/list was alive and doing well
          long before I stumbled into it. I admit to doing some work on the
          website but so much of its ideas, content and format comes from the
          other folks on this list (I'm just the techmonkey). And when it comes
          to introducing anyone to anything I am still too much of a beginner
          to give much advice beyond some general pointing to stuff I've learned
          (mostly from people on this list).

          However you got here, you are most welcome.

          Larry Haftl
          larry@...
          http://LarryHaftl.com
          http://FukuokaFarmingOL.net
        • Gloria Baikauskas
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 13, 2003
            Fear not, Friend Deb. From wonder comes knowledge. That is what this group is all about. We want to help others to this path. We want others to understand......and yet we are all still trying to understand ourselves as we experiment in our own gardens, on our own land. Some of us are more advanced than others. Some of us are better guides than others. But we all have the same goal.

            And, Deb, you are welcome.

            Gloria

          • Doc Simpson
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 13, 2003
              The following url is a good reference source for heritage seeds.
              http://www.safariseeds.com/faq.html
              Thank you
              Doc Simpson