Southern Hemisphere Seed Balls

  • roberto
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2001
      I have been making and scattering seed balls every day for the past 6
      months, thanks to a Fellowship from the Royal society of New Zealand. I am
      using native tree seed, fine compost from beneath the parent trees and
      local clays in my mixture. I have dispersed seed balls over a variety of
      sites, from alpine to coastal and have kept a photographic record (
      digital) of progress. I am confident that this method will become a
      powerful tool for revegetation projects here in New Zealand. I am happy to
      share my findings with anyone and to hear from others using seed balls. I
      have a further 6 months of production before the Fellowship expires,
      however, I believe I will be making seed balls for many years to come, as
      there is a lot of habitat recreation to be done!,

      Roberto