political and religious discussion-OT

  • jamie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2003
      Hello everyone, in email discussion groups as this there are always
      political and religious threads that appear, seem to take over the life of
      the group and then disappear once most members have become heartily sick of
      the entrenched positions and the inability of any ultimately determining
      arguments on any side. The usual procedure is to append Off-Topic or OT in
      the subject header so that those who want to concentrate only on Fukuoka
      Farming discussion can safely delete them unread.

      It is therefore best to separate emails containing both Off-Topic discussion
      and Fukuoka/Natural Farming inspired discussion so that the subject header
      carries the appropriate information and can be sorted by recipients
      accordingly.

      The above in no way suggests antagonism to political, religious or other
      contentious areas, just that they should be marked as such. As a culprit
      myself, I appreciate and respond to others arguments however off-topic they
      may seem.

      Considering that this list has 231 (when last I checked) members and that
      only a handful are active (15 or so) then the vast majority I suspect are
      hoping for interesting farming discussion or the odd piece of information to
      help them with their own endeavour. I would suspect it is they who would
      most appreciate the OT designation!

      Jamie
      Souscayrous