sheep hide

  • tiakd14477 <sentree@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2002
      An organic sheep producer has an abundant supply of sheep hides from
      when he butchers. Right now he can't give them away and is burning
      them. I have been wracking my brain for any ideas on how I could use
      sheep hides - any suggestions? They are hair sheep, so don't have
      the thick wool on the hides. I can't imagine I could use them for
      mulch, because nothing (including rain) could penetrate the hide for
      quite some time. Anybody know how long it takes a hide to break
      down? Can earthworms eat through a hide if one was to use it on top
      of existing grass and then add straw, manure etc for a new garden
      bed?
      Any ideas?
      Thanks
      Heather
      who can't bear to let anything go to waste