Farmers Database?

  • Suraj
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2014
      Hi,

      Is there an online database comprising of farmers, what they grow, etc., available for TN or any other state in India?

      If not available, I'm interested in building a (non-smart phone) voice based application where farmers will be able to 'say' what they're growing, where they are, etc.,  What they say will get recorded and be  transliterated into text to be used for real-time bidding/matching of supply/demand. The idea is to form a self-service network of natural foods producers, enablers and consumers.

      What do you think about this? Your questions and critical feedback is welcome.

      thanks,

        -Suraj

      --
      "The Greatest Shortcoming of the Human Race is
      our Inability to Understand the Exponential Function"
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2014
        Hi Suraj,

        I had seen a list of farmers in different states in Subash Palekar's books, you can access the same from here - http://palekarzerobudgetspiritualfarming.org/PDF/Model_farmers_adress.pdf.

        Regards,
        Nandan
        http://farming-experiments.blogspot.in/

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 26, 2014
          Another list of organic farmers

          http://vrindavanvillages.com/page/organic-farmers-database
          Regards,
          Nandan

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2014
            Dear Nandan,

            Thanks for the response. vrindavanvillages.com is a treasure trove of information. Thanks!