Re: [fukuoka_farming] Re: Arachis Pintoi

  • Nandan Palaparambil
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013
      Thanks for the pointers.

      I was considering Medicago Lupulina (Black Medic), but it is not grown in this part of world
       (kerala,India) and hence left it as of now. I had seen reports that Black Medic is grown in rotation with
      wheat.

      Fukuoka san also suggests to use Bur clover..From natural farming book...

      Single cropping: Even when rice is single-cropped rather than grown in
      alternation with barley, clover seed may be sown in the fall, and the following
      spring rice seed scattered over the clover and the field flooded to favor the rice.
      Another possibility is to sow Chinese milk vetch and barley early, then cut
      these early in spring (February or March) for livestock feed. The barley will
      recover enough to yield 11 to 13 bushels per quarter-acre later. When single-
      cropping rice on a dry field, bur clover or Chinese milk vetch may be used

      Regards,
      Nandan