Re: [fukuoka_farming] Sunhemp growing

  • Raju Titus
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 12 8:28 AM
      Dear Nanadan,
      When i stopped tilling in the beginning my field was covered by very
      strong grass but slowly it vanished now my field is free from grass.
      In some but very little places grass is emerging due to heavy flow of
      water.
      I realized that there is direct relation between soil erosion and the
      growth of grass.
      I do not grow rice or wheat in the grass cover legumes do well in the
      grass cover.
      Thanks
      Raju

      rajuktitus@.... +919179738049.
      http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
    • Ruthie Aquino
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 12 10:21 AM
        Rajuji said :* I realized that there is direct relation between soil
        erosion and the
        growth of grass.*
        Sorry I did not understnad this phrase, but I am guessing it means where
        there is too much flowing water then grass grows back?
        Kindly bear with me...
        best
        RUTHIE

      • Kathryn Blades
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 12 5:43 PM
          Thank you so much!

          Best gardening wishes,

          Kathryn Blades

          On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Sumant Joshi <sumant_jo@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hi everyone, I went for a permaculture design course in May. very
          > enlightening
          >
          > here are lots of goodies which some of us might like to use
          >

          > https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0bGFzmmPecaTVBBRGc5eDhlMlU&usp=sharing
          >
          > Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone
          >
          > Warm regards,
          >
          > Sumant Joshi
          > Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161
          >
          > >________________________________

          Kathryn Blades
          (C) 252-202-5587

        • Raju Titus
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 12 7:20 PM
            Generally soil erosion is due to tilling,grazing,fire or removing
            grass cover by cutting. Soil is intact by roots but when roots dye
            soil remain loose and is washed by rain. Grass comes to save soil is
            good but for growing Rice and wheat naturally is
            gives problem.If you grow non grass crops no problem.
            Therefor we grow hemp etc. to remove grass.
            Thanks
            Raju

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 12 10:40 PM
              Thank you Sir.
              RUTHIE

              2013/6/13 Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...>

              > **
              >

              > Generally soil erosion is due to tilling,grazing,fire or removing
              > grass cover by cutting. Soil is intact by roots but when roots dye
              > soil remain loose and is washed by rain. Grass comes to save soil is
              > good but for growing Rice and wheat naturally is
              > gives problem.If you grow non grass crops no problem.
              > Therefor we grow hemp etc. to remove grass.
              > Thanks
              > Raju
              >
              > On 6/12/13, Ruthie Aquino <ruthieaquino1@...> wrote:
              > > Rajuji said :* I realized that there is direct relation between soil
              > > erosion and the
              > > growth of grass.*
              >
              > > Sorry I did not understnad this phrase, but I am guessing it means where
              > > there is too much flowing water then grass grows back?
              > > Kindly bear with me...
              > > best
              > > RUTHIE

              > --
              > *Raju Titus.Natural farm.Hoshangabad. M.P. 461001.*
              > rajuktitus@.... +919179738049.

            • Nandan Palaparambil
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 13 6:56 AM
                Dear Rajuji,
                Thanks for the insights.
                After growing sunhemp for an year, I find the grass has subsided a lot.

                Regards,Nandan

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 14 2:56 AM
                  Yugandhar, please try again, others seem to have no issues