Re: [fukuoka_farming] permaculture stuff

  • Yugandhar S
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 11, 2013
      Sumant ji,
      Cannot access the link.

      --Yug

      On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Sumant Joshi <sumant_jo@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi everyone, I went for a permaculture design course in May. very
      > enlightening
      >
      > here are lots of goodies which some of us might like to use
      >

      > https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0bGFzmmPecaTVBBRGc5eDhlMlU&usp=sharing
      >
      > Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone
      >
      > Warm regards,
      >
      > Sumant Joshi
      > Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161
      >
      > >________________________________

    • Nandan Palaparambil
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 12, 2013
        Hi Ruthie,
        In areas where I had left the grass to grow by itself, without cutting/watering that area, fertility was much better. When I cut it frequently and water that area, grass still grows strong. May be watering was the real issue, since it allowed grass to grow again.
         If the grass is allowed to grow to mature stage and dries back, then those plants die and new plants can come from only seeds. Not sure, if grass has a tendency to grow again from the same plant for the next season, if it is cut, before maturing.

        Regards,Nandan

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 12, 2013
          Dear Nanadan,
          When i stopped tilling in the beginning my field was covered by very
          strong grass but slowly it vanished now my field is free from grass.
          In some but very little places grass is emerging due to heavy flow of
          water.
          I realized that there is direct relation between soil erosion and the
          growth of grass.
          I do not grow rice or wheat in the grass cover legumes do well in the
          grass cover.
          Thanks
          Raju

          rajuktitus@.... +919179738049.
          http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
        • Ruthie Aquino
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 12, 2013
            Rajuji said :* I realized that there is direct relation between soil
            erosion and the
            growth of grass.*
            Sorry I did not understnad this phrase, but I am guessing it means where
            there is too much flowing water then grass grows back?
            Kindly bear with me...
            best
            RUTHIE

          • Kathryn Blades
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 12, 2013
              Thank you so much!

              Best gardening wishes,

              Kathryn Blades

              On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Sumant Joshi <sumant_jo@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Hi everyone, I went for a permaculture design course in May. very
              > enlightening
              >
              > here are lots of goodies which some of us might like to use
              >

              > https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0bGFzmmPecaTVBBRGc5eDhlMlU&usp=sharing
              >
              > Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone
              >
              > Warm regards,
              >
              > Sumant Joshi
              > Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161
              >
              > >________________________________

              Kathryn Blades
              (C) 252-202-5587

            • Raju Titus
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 12, 2013
                Generally soil erosion is due to tilling,grazing,fire or removing
                grass cover by cutting. Soil is intact by roots but when roots dye
                soil remain loose and is washed by rain. Grass comes to save soil is
                good but for growing Rice and wheat naturally is
                gives problem.If you grow non grass crops no problem.
                Therefor we grow hemp etc. to remove grass.
                Thanks
                Raju

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 12, 2013
                  Thank you Sir.
                  RUTHIE

                  2013/6/13 Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...>

                  > **
                  >

                  > Generally soil erosion is due to tilling,grazing,fire or removing
                  > grass cover by cutting. Soil is intact by roots but when roots dye
                  > soil remain loose and is washed by rain. Grass comes to save soil is
                  > good but for growing Rice and wheat naturally is
                  > gives problem.If you grow non grass crops no problem.
                  > Therefor we grow hemp etc. to remove grass.
                  > Thanks
                  > Raju
                  >
                  > On 6/12/13, Ruthie Aquino <ruthieaquino1@...> wrote:
                  > > Rajuji said :* I realized that there is direct relation between soil
                  > > erosion and the
                  > > growth of grass.*
                  >
                  > > Sorry I did not understnad this phrase, but I am guessing it means where
                  > > there is too much flowing water then grass grows back?
                  > > Kindly bear with me...
                  > > best
                  > > RUTHIE

                  > --
                  > *Raju Titus.Natural farm.Hoshangabad. M.P. 461001.*
                  > rajuktitus@.... +919179738049.

                • Nandan Palaparambil
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 13, 2013
                    Dear Rajuji,
                    Thanks for the insights.
                    After growing sunhemp for an year, I find the grass has subsided a lot.

                    Regards,Nandan

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 14, 2013
                      Yugandhar, please try again, others seem to have no issues