Re: [fukuoka_farming] permaculture stuff

  • Ruthie Aquino
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 11, 2013
      Hi Sumant,
      Thank you, it's Christmas before Christmas
      best
      RUTHIE

      2013/6/11 Sumant Joshi <sumant_jo@...>

      > **
      >

      > Hi everyone, I went for a permaculture design course in May. very
      > enlightening
      >
      > here are lots of goodies which some of us might like to use
      >

      > https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0bGFzmmPecaTVBBRGc5eDhlMlU&usp=sharing
      >
      > Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone
      >
      > Warm regards,
      >
      > Sumant Joshi
      > Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161
      >
      > >________________________________

    • Abhijit Deshpande
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 11, 2013
        Thank you. This is really precious precious knowledge

        Sent from Samsung Mobile

        Hi everyone, I went for a permaculture design course in May. very enlightening

        here are lots of goodies which some of us might like to use

        https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0bGFzmmPecaTVBBRGc5eDhlMlU&usp=sharing

        Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

        Warm regards,

        Sumant Joshi
        Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

        >________________________________

      • Yugandhar S
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 11, 2013
          Sumant ji,
          Cannot access the link.

          --Yug

          On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 9:48 PM, Sumant Joshi <sumant_jo@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hi everyone, I went for a permaculture design course in May. very
          > enlightening
          >
          > here are lots of goodies which some of us might like to use
          >

          > https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0bGFzmmPecaTVBBRGc5eDhlMlU&usp=sharing
          >
          > Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone
          >
          > Warm regards,
          >
          > Sumant Joshi
          > Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161
          >
          > >________________________________

        • Nandan Palaparambil
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 12, 2013
            Hi Ruthie,
            In areas where I had left the grass to grow by itself, without cutting/watering that area, fertility was much better. When I cut it frequently and water that area, grass still grows strong. May be watering was the real issue, since it allowed grass to grow again.
             If the grass is allowed to grow to mature stage and dries back, then those plants die and new plants can come from only seeds. Not sure, if grass has a tendency to grow again from the same plant for the next season, if it is cut, before maturing.

            Regards,Nandan

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 12, 2013
              Dear Nanadan,
              When i stopped tilling in the beginning my field was covered by very
              strong grass but slowly it vanished now my field is free from grass.
              In some but very little places grass is emerging due to heavy flow of
              water.
              I realized that there is direct relation between soil erosion and the
              growth of grass.
              I do not grow rice or wheat in the grass cover legumes do well in the
              grass cover.
              Thanks
              Raju

              rajuktitus@.... +919179738049.
              http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
            • Ruthie Aquino
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 12, 2013
                Rajuji said :* I realized that there is direct relation between soil
                erosion and the
                growth of grass.*
                Sorry I did not understnad this phrase, but I am guessing it means where
                there is too much flowing water then grass grows back?
                Kindly bear with me...
                best
                RUTHIE

              • Kathryn Blades
                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 12, 2013
                  Thank you so much!

                  Best gardening wishes,

                  Kathryn Blades

                  On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Sumant Joshi <sumant_jo@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > Hi everyone, I went for a permaculture design course in May. very
                  > enlightening
                  >
                  > here are lots of goodies which some of us might like to use
                  >

                  > https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0bGFzmmPecaTVBBRGc5eDhlMlU&usp=sharing
                  >
                  > Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone
                  >
                  > Warm regards,
                  >
                  > Sumant Joshi
                  > Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161
                  >
                  > >________________________________

                  Kathryn Blades
                  (C) 252-202-5587

                • Raju Titus
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 12, 2013
                    Generally soil erosion is due to tilling,grazing,fire or removing
                    grass cover by cutting. Soil is intact by roots but when roots dye
                    soil remain loose and is washed by rain. Grass comes to save soil is
                    good but for growing Rice and wheat naturally is
                    gives problem.If you grow non grass crops no problem.
                    Therefor we grow hemp etc. to remove grass.
                    Thanks
                    Raju

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 12, 2013
                      Thank you Sir.
                      RUTHIE

                      2013/6/13 Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...>

                      > **
                      >

                      > Generally soil erosion is due to tilling,grazing,fire or removing
                      > grass cover by cutting. Soil is intact by roots but when roots dye
                      > soil remain loose and is washed by rain. Grass comes to save soil is
                      > good but for growing Rice and wheat naturally is
                      > gives problem.If you grow non grass crops no problem.
                      > Therefor we grow hemp etc. to remove grass.
                      > Thanks
                      > Raju
                      >
                      > On 6/12/13, Ruthie Aquino <ruthieaquino1@...> wrote:
                      > > Rajuji said :* I realized that there is direct relation between soil
                      > > erosion and the
                      > > growth of grass.*
                      >
                      > > Sorry I did not understnad this phrase, but I am guessing it means where
                      > > there is too much flowing water then grass grows back?
                      > > Kindly bear with me...
                      > > best
                      > > RUTHIE

                      > --
                      > *Raju Titus.Natural farm.Hoshangabad. M.P. 461001.*
                      > rajuktitus@.... +919179738049.

                    • Nandan Palaparambil
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 13, 2013
                        Dear Rajuji,
                        Thanks for the insights.
                        After growing sunhemp for an year, I find the grass has subsided a lot.

                        Regards,Nandan

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 14, 2013
                          Yugandhar, please try again, others seem to have no issues