Lost crops of Africa

  • Daniel Jager
    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 2013
      I found these e-books online at the National Academic Press webpage: The Lost crops of Africa. I. Grains, II. Vegetables, III. Fruits.

      http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=2305

      http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=11763

      http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=11879

      Surely a interesting resource for those who are interested in tropical wild food conservation, diversification or just plain cultivation. I am sure there are some pretty drought hardy species among those listed.

      You can log-on as guest and download the pdf's for free if you live in a developing nation (not sure how they check this: perhaps by IP address, perhaps not).

      Daniel

    • Ruthie Aquino
      Message 2 of 2 , May 18, 2013
        Thank you for sharing this.