Re: [fukuoka_farming] First hand experience

  • Harish Amur
    Message 1 of 13 , May 16, 2013
      In my opinion, Jowar being a monocot does not add too much to the soil, in
      a manner that I understand soil. It also is not a good mulch*, compared to
      dicots. I have tried growing alasande and it does grow very easily. It does
      not require too much water too. You can use any alasande seed that you can
      get hold of, to start with.

      *It does not decay fast and the area covered by its leaves is not
      substantial compared to dicot plants like alasande (cowpea).

      Regards,
      Harish

    • Raju Titus
      Message 2 of 13 , May 16, 2013
        Jawar grow higher it compete with weeds,provide large amount of mulch,
        not required irrigation in rainy season,grow well in poor soil.
        Growing with Pigeon pea is traditional combination. Cow pea is also
        good nitrogen supplier can be mixed with Jawar combination.
        Mix all seeds and make seed ball and dibble balls or put balls under
        mulch in rainy season.
        Thanks
        Raju

        rajuktitus@.... +919179738049.
        http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
      • leela d
        Message 3 of 13 , May 25, 2013
          Hi
          Vijay Rama Rao from Hyderabad has some native seeds, you can contact him on "SAVE". Society for Awareness and Vision on Environment.
          Phone number 040-27654337, 64514336.

          With best wishes
          Leeladhar