Re: [fukuoka_farming] First hand experience

  • praveen kumar jonnalagadda
    Message 1 of 13 , May 15 9:43 PM
      Hi Harish,

        Thanks for the info. Anantapur receives a very low rainfall, lot of cultivation is done with the help of borewells. I want to start with someting so that fertility of land increases and I am not looking for any returns. If I can get seed for next year that should be enough for me. I am planning to grow jawar so that I can put it for mulching in the next season while sowing some millets or horse gram.

      Regards,
      Praveen Kumar Jonnalagadda

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 13 , May 16 12:37 AM
        Growing Sorghum (Jwar)
        Make seed ball of !/2 "dia. and dibble seed ball by hand making small
        hole which cover seed ball. Make distance plant to plant about 1 feet.
        You can take mixed crop by adding Pigion pea or many other seeds.
        Thanks
        Raju

        rajuktitus@.... +919179738049.
        http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
      • Harish Amur
        Message 3 of 13 , May 16 10:07 AM
          In my opinion, Jowar being a monocot does not add too much to the soil, in
          a manner that I understand soil. It also is not a good mulch*, compared to
          dicots. I have tried growing alasande and it does grow very easily. It does
          not require too much water too. You can use any alasande seed that you can
          get hold of, to start with.

          *It does not decay fast and the area covered by its leaves is not
          substantial compared to dicot plants like alasande (cowpea).

          Regards,
          Harish

          On 16 May 2013 10:13, praveen kumar jonnalagadda <

        • Raju Titus
          Message 4 of 13 , May 16 7:38 PM
            Jawar grow higher it compete with weeds,provide large amount of mulch,
            not required irrigation in rainy season,grow well in poor soil.
            Growing with Pigeon pea is traditional combination. Cow pea is also
            good nitrogen supplier can be mixed with Jawar combination.
            Mix all seeds and make seed ball and dibble balls or put balls under
            mulch in rainy season.
            Thanks
            Raju

          • leela d
            Message 5 of 13 , May 25 10:35 PM
              Hi
              Vijay Rama Rao from Hyderabad has some native seeds, you can contact him on "SAVE". Society for Awareness and Vision on Environment.
              Phone number 040-27654337, 64514336.

              With best wishes
              Leeladhar