Scythe

  • Nandan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2013
      Hi All,

      Thought of sharing Scythe ordering experience from abroad.

      I had ordered a scythe from http://www.scytheworks.ca/, finally received it today after 4 months.It was shipped from Canada, 4 months back and it took almost 2 months to reach Bombay and another 2 months to reach Cochin,Kerala.

      Here are the details of the cost

      60cm scythe blade - 55 USD
      Peening kit - 44 USD
      Attachment ring - 6 USD
      Postage - 45 USD

      Total - 150 USD. I had to pay a fine of 30 USD for importing this without taking a license and duty of 60 USD, so total cost was - 240 USD. But I hope if this is useful, I will be able to make it locally, using this as model.

      I am yet to fit a snath and use it, will share that experience soon.

      Regards,
      Nandan

      http://farming-experiments.blogspot.in/