Scythe

  • Nandan
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2013
      Hi All,

      Thought of sharing Scythe ordering experience from abroad.

      I had ordered a scythe from http://www.scytheworks.ca/, finally received it today after 4 months.It was shipped from Canada, 4 months back and it took almost 2 months to reach Bombay and another 2 months to reach Cochin,Kerala.

      Here are the details of the cost

      60cm scythe blade - 55 USD
      Peening kit - 44 USD
      Attachment ring - 6 USD
      Postage - 45 USD

      Total - 150 USD. I had to pay a fine of 30 USD for importing this without taking a license and duty of 60 USD, so total cost was - 240 USD. But I hope if this is useful, I will be able to make it locally, using this as model.

      I am yet to fit a snath and use it, will share that experience soon.

      Regards,
      Nandan

      http://farming-experiments.blogspot.in/
    • p_k_nandanan
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2015

        Hi All,

        Alexander Vido of www.sytheworks.com is visiting India in November-December for Scythe training. His travel plans are not finalised, but as of now he may be visiting Hyderabad, Delhi, Madikeri etc..If any one is interested in seeing Scythe and its usage, please contact (available in contact link) Alexander Vido directly. Either you can attend a nearby training or you can co-ordinate with him for a training.

        Regards,

        Nandan

      • Srinath Sastry
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2015
          Thanks Nandan for the info.
          I appreciate your gesture to share the good things amongst us.

          Regards
          Srinath.

          --
          Regards

          Srinath Sastry

        • Nandan Palaparambil
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 13, 2015
            Thanks Srinath...there was a mistake in the link, one 'c' was missing..please see correct link below

            Regards,
            Nandan

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 24, 2015

              Thanks, Nandan

              I've sent a mail to him.

              Regards
              Somayaji

              On Oct 13, 2015 12:34 PM, "Nandan Palaparambil p_k_nandanan@... [fukuoka_farming]" <fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              Thanks Srinath...there was a mistake in the link, one 'c' was missing..please see correct link below

              image

              Scythe Works
              Scythe Works, a member of the International Scythe Network. Located in Victoria, BC Canada, Scythe Works has a complete Scythe Catalogue, offers online instruction...
              Preview by Yahoo

              Regards,
              Nandan