Re: [fukuoka_farming] ancient permaculture?

  • Raju Titus
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 2:09 PM
      Dear Sumantji,
      Utera was traditional way of farming sustain many year in our area
      based on minimum tillage. But this farming was also done by changing
      places. Farmers were aware of harmful effect of tilling they keep
      about 35% field without tilling and change with weak land.

      But when irrigation facility came farmers stopped this way and started
      chemical farming.
      Thanks
      Raju

      On 4/1/13, Sumant Joshi <sumant_jo@...> wrote:
      > Rajuji, any comments on this link?
      >
      > http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/agriculture/harvesting-food-security/article4566771.ece?homepage=true
      >

      > Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone
      >

      > Warm regards,
      >
      > Sumant Joshi
      > Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

      rajuktitus@.... +919179738049.
      http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
    • Sumant Joshi
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 10:06 PM
        Dear Rajuji, you mean this is not being followed by anyone in and around Hoshangabad anymore?

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1 10:53 PM
          Dear Sumantji,
          I personally had a talk with author of this article Baba Mayaram he
          explained only few farmers are still doing it in compulsion due to
          shortage of water in hilly areas.
          This method is in vanishing.

          Question is why water shortage? because farmers are not tilling in
          rotation. Tilling do not allow rain water to absorbed.
          Thanks
          Raju