ancient permaculture?

  • Sumant Joshi
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2013
      Rajuji, any comments on this link?

      http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/agriculture/harvesting-food-security/article4566771.ece?homepage=true

      Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

      Warm regards,

      Sumant Joshi
      Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

    • Raju Titus
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2013
        Dear Sumantji,
        Utera was traditional way of farming sustain many year in our area
        based on minimum tillage. But this farming was also done by changing
        places. Farmers were aware of harmful effect of tilling they keep
        about 35% field without tilling and change with weak land.

        But when irrigation facility came farmers stopped this way and started
        chemical farming.
        Thanks
        Raju

        On 4/1/13, Sumant Joshi <sumant_jo@...> wrote:
        > Rajuji, any comments on this link?
        >
        > http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/agriculture/harvesting-food-security/article4566771.ece?homepage=true
        >

        > Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone
        >

        > Warm regards,
        >
        > Sumant Joshi
        > Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161

        rajuktitus@.... +919179738049.
        http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
      • Sumant Joshi
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2013
          Dear Rajuji, you mean this is not being followed by anyone in and around Hoshangabad anymore?

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2013
            Dear Sumantji,
            I personally had a talk with author of this article Baba Mayaram he
            explained only few farmers are still doing it in compulsion due to
            shortage of water in hilly areas.
            This method is in vanishing.

            Question is why water shortage? because farmers are not tilling in
            rotation. Tilling do not allow rain water to absorbed.
            Thanks
            Raju