Re: Allan Savory: How to green the world's deserts and reverse climate change

  • trenthillsmike
    Message 1 of 112 , Mar 17, 2013
      Thanks, Sumant. I don't eat packaged food. And my sugar intake is limited and specific. Mostly in the jams and jellies that we make from fruit from our garden. Honey in my tea and stevia in my coffee. The solution is me. :)

      Regards,
      Mike

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Sumant Joshi <sumant_jo@...> wrote:

      Mike you might like to see this little trailer of a documentary which is supposed to be a solution to your problem.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MvAM97VDE8

      Sent from my BSNL landline B-fone

      Warm regards,

      Sumant Joshi
      Tel - 09370010424, 0253-2361161
    • trenthillsmike
      Message 112 of 112 , Jun 16, 2013
        Not only does it retain moisture but the mulch rots down into compost and improves fertility. I think that feeding the soil is a much better idea than feeding the plants. We've been adding plants that mine minerals (lambsquarter, pigweed, yarrow, stinging nettle, red clover, Dutch white clover, etc), attract pollinators all through the growing season, attract predatory insects, confuse pests. Our preference is for perennials or self-seeding annuals and biennials. And we've stopped mowing the orchard although I do selective scything to suppress plants that we don't want. We're very early in the process but we can see some results - https://picasaweb.google.com/PortagePerennials/HolisticOrchard#5888913239729330466

        Regards,
        Mike