Re: [fukuoka_farming] Forest Garden Plants Available

  • Ruthie Aquino
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2013
      Hi Charlie,
      I live in southwestern France and I have hardy kiwi, feijoa, cornus kousa
      chinensis and can have some grape cuttings of a sort now "banned" in France
      because of its production and you all know we try to limit grape harvests
      to avoid a wine glut.
      The above plants are all readily available so I'm wondering why you don't
      have them. If you can grow the strawberry tree then you can grow those
      plants.
      I could save some feijoa seeds, harvest time is around November, but it
      would be a better idea to purchase seedlings instead.
      Do you have the wild peach? It grows from seed and fruits quickly and it
      needs no attention at all.
      I also just received two sorts of amaranthus seeds-one upright and one
      tail-like. Apparently the seeds are edible. I tried tasting the few I got
      but maybe I should have sown everything instead first. They have a nice
      tangy taste.
      Anyway, you can write me privately because what I have may not be
      interesting to other members in the group.
      I harvested some seeds of trachycarpus fortunei which is also called the
      chusan palm and it is hardy. It sprouts spontaneously when left to fall on
      the ground but I have not tried sowing the seeds in pots.

      best

      RUTHIE
      Here's my blog : fukuokafrance.wordpress.com
      It's in French but there are some nice pictures.