Re: [fukuoka_farming] Sesame on the road side and in my farm

  • Nishad S K
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 12, 2013
      Hi Nandan
      Are you doing conventional paddy cultivation apart from natural farming
      practises? If so which rice variety?

      Regards
      Dr S K Nishad MD(Internal Medicine)
      Assistant professor of medicine
      Sree Gokulam Medical College
      Venjaramoodu,Thiruvavanthapuram
      Kerala
      India

      Mobile 91 9895755690
      Home 91 470 2623488
      Office 91 472 3041234
      On Mar 11, 2013 7:43 PM, "Raju Titus" <rajuktitus@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Dear Nandan,
      > Healthy plants due to undisturbed land.
      > Thanks
      > Raju
      >
      > On 3/11/13, Nandan <p_k_nandanan@...> wrote:
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > On this season I put some sesame seeds in one area where I stopped
      > tilling.
      > > I had cultivated rice in this area and after that grass started growing
      > so I
      > > cut and mulched the grass. Once I put the sesame and mulched with grass
      > > cutting and germination was very poor. I could see that the seedlings are
      > > very small and they can not lift even small amount of mulch. In the next
      > try
      > > I kept aside the mulch and put the sesame seeds and raked slightly and
      > lot
      > > of them germinated. But the plants are very weak and they started
      > flowering
      > > at a height of probably 5 cms.
      > >
      > > Today while taking a walk on the roadside, I found a sesame plant which
      > is
      > > much healthy and have many seeds on it.
      > >
      > > I am yet to grow the leguminous crops in the field for manuring, will be
      > > done before taking the next cycle of rice.But definitely some animal
      > > manuring looks to be required, like Fukuoka san used to put 400-900 lb
      > per
      > > quarter acre.
      > >

      > > Regards,
      > > Nandan
      > >

      > --
      > *Raju Titus.Natural farm.Hoshangabad. M.P. 461001.*
      > rajuktitus@.... +919179738049.

    • Nandan Palaparambil
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 12, 2013
        Hi Nishad,
        I am doing rice using natural farming method. Last time I used Vysakh (High Yielding upland variety), Chuvanna modan and kalladiaryan (both indigenous seeds). I was not successful, but got enough seeds for the next trial from Vysakh.
        In this season, I am planning to try Vysakh and Kattuyanam (Tamilnadu indigenous variety).
        Nice to see that doctors are also getting interested in natural farming.
        Regards,Nandan