Re: [fukuoka_farming] Sesame on the road side and in my farm

  • Raju Titus
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 11, 2013
      Dear Nandan,
      Healthy plants due to undisturbed land.
      Thanks
      Raju

      On 3/11/13, Nandan <p_k_nandanan@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > On this season I put some sesame seeds in one area where I stopped tilling.
      > I had cultivated rice in this area and after that grass started growing so I
      > cut and mulched the grass. Once I put the sesame and mulched with grass
      > cutting and germination was very poor. I could see that the seedlings are
      > very small and they can not lift even small amount of mulch. In the next try
      > I kept aside the mulch and put the sesame seeds and raked slightly and lot
      > of them germinated. But the plants are very weak and they started flowering
      > at a height of probably 5 cms.
      >
      > Today while taking a walk on the roadside, I found a sesame plant which is
      > much healthy and have many seeds on it.
      >
      > I am yet to grow the leguminous crops in the field for manuring, will be
      > done before taking the next cycle of rice.But definitely some animal
      > manuring looks to be required, like Fukuoka san used to put 400-900 lb per
      > quarter acre.
      >

      > Regards,
      > Nandan

      rajuktitus@.... +919179738049.
      http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
    • Nishad S K
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 12, 2013
        Hi Nandan
        Are you doing conventional paddy cultivation apart from natural farming
        practises? If so which rice variety?

        Regards
        Dr S K Nishad MD(Internal Medicine)
        Assistant professor of medicine
        Sree Gokulam Medical College
        Venjaramoodu,Thiruvavanthapuram
        Kerala
        India

        Mobile 91 9895755690
        Home 91 470 2623488
        Office 91 472 3041234
        On Mar 11, 2013 7:43 PM, "Raju Titus" <rajuktitus@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Dear Nandan,
        > Healthy plants due to undisturbed land.
        > Thanks
        > Raju
        >
        > On 3/11/13, Nandan <p_k_nandanan@...> wrote:
        > > Hi,
        > >
        > > On this season I put some sesame seeds in one area where I stopped
        > tilling.
        > > I had cultivated rice in this area and after that grass started growing
        > so I
        > > cut and mulched the grass. Once I put the sesame and mulched with grass
        > > cutting and germination was very poor. I could see that the seedlings are
        > > very small and they can not lift even small amount of mulch. In the next
        > try
        > > I kept aside the mulch and put the sesame seeds and raked slightly and
        > lot
        > > of them germinated. But the plants are very weak and they started
        > flowering
        > > at a height of probably 5 cms.
        > >
        > > Today while taking a walk on the roadside, I found a sesame plant which
        > is
        > > much healthy and have many seeds on it.
        > >
        > > I am yet to grow the leguminous crops in the field for manuring, will be
        > > done before taking the next cycle of rice.But definitely some animal
        > > manuring looks to be required, like Fukuoka san used to put 400-900 lb
        > per
        > > quarter acre.
        > >

        > > Regards,
        > > Nandan
        > >

        > --
        > *Raju Titus.Natural farm.Hoshangabad. M.P. 461001.*
        > rajuktitus@.... +919179738049.

      • Nandan Palaparambil
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 12, 2013
          Hi Nishad,
          I am doing rice using natural farming method. Last time I used Vysakh (High Yielding upland variety), Chuvanna modan and kalladiaryan (both indigenous seeds). I was not successful, but got enough seeds for the next trial from Vysakh.
          In this season, I am planning to try Vysakh and Kattuyanam (Tamilnadu indigenous variety).
          Nice to see that doctors are also getting interested in natural farming.
          Regards,Nandan