Re: [fukuoka_farming] Digest Number 3058

  • Alan Sloan
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2013
      Not sure if this is of immediate practical application to anyone on the
      list, but it is very interesting. I've been seriously underestimating the
      ecological value of animals on a global level - this video is very thought
      provoking for me.

      It puts me in mind of a farmer in temperate Ireland who told me they had
      seen grain being scattered before intensively "folding" stock across
      winter forage crops, leading to the ground being manured and flattened and
      the seed being pressed into the soil ready for germination.

      Hope someone finds this of interest, if they have not sen it before - it
      was News to me!

      Alan

    • Nandan Palaparambil
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 11, 2013
        Hi Alan,
        Which is the video referred here, probably I missed it in the earlier posts?
        From the description it looks attractive. Earlier I had seen some photos in permies.com where one person had effectively used pigs for tilling the soil, not able to locate the photos now.

        Regards,Nandan