Re: [fukuoka_farming] WHEAT CROP OF 2012-2013

  • Nandan Palaparambil
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 9, 2013
      Dear Rajuji,

      Beautiful wheat crop, please tell us how you did it this time. Which variety wheat is used?

      Regards,
      Nandan

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 9, 2013
        Dear Nandanji,
        I used Kudrat 51deshi variety developed by sri Raghuvanshiji Varanashi
        U.P. The advantage of this variety that is doing well with trees.
        Thanks
        Raju

        On 3/9/13, Nandan Palaparambil <p_k_nandanan@...> wrote:
        > Dear Rajuji,
        >
        > Beautiful wheat crop, please tell us how you did it this time. Which variety
        > wheat is used?
        >

        > Regards,
        > Nandan

        rajuktitus@.... +919179738049.
        http://picasaweb.google.com/rajuktitus
      • Nandan Palaparambil
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 11, 2013
          Dear Rajuji,
          How much seed was used per acre? Even though you haven't used any type of animal manure, the crop looks very healthy, let us know the yield also. Probably your land is very rich in nitrogen and no weed pressure because of natural farming for 25 years?
          I am sure some of the people you guide are moving from chemical to natural farming and would like to hear their experience as well. This will tell us, the different cases of entering natural farming and what failures they face.

          Regards,Nandan

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 11, 2013
            Dear Nandanji,
            We are scattering seeds about 40-50kg /acre. we are not using compost
            but in some place we are giving back slurry of bio gas plant.Which
            available in our farm.This time saw good growth in semi shady place
            near trees.

            In near by some farmers started No Till farming but are using
            chemicals and some farmers those not using chemicals are tilling.No
            any farmer nearby who is not tilling and not using chemicals.
            Thanks
            raju

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 14, 2013
              Please see some details of Quesungual agroforestry farming system. In this method also, they retain the big trees and grows lot of small trees and keep pruning and mulching and directly plants into the mulch.
              http://www.new-ag.info/en/focus/focusItem.php?a=1030http://www.fao.org/FOCUS/E/honduras/agro-e.htm
              Regards,Nandanhttp://farming-experiments.blogspot.in/

              From: Raju Titus <rajuktitus@...>

              To: fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com