Undersowing legumes in wheat

  • Nandan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2013
      Hi All,

      Find a report on undersowing legumes in wheat .

      orgprints.org/12544/1/Fuchs_12544_ed.doc
      Legumes tried are White clover, Red clover, Black medic, Legume-grass mixture (not sure, what it is??), Bird's Trefoil (first time hearing this)..

      This looks to be a practice before the use of nitrogen fertilisers. Found this interesting since Fukuoka san followed the same method for weed control.

      I could find similar articles where Medic was undersown with cereals and after the harvest, it is used for grazing and in the next season Medic reseeds.

      Anyone has experience with Medics? Wanted to try this if it grows in our climate (Kerala,India)

      Regards,
      Nandan