Re: [fukuoka_farming] how to start natural farming

  • Raju Titus
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 11, 2013
      Dear Murat,
      Thank you very much for photos. I saw and commented. Very good land
      and ready for natural farming. Zero tilling,seed ball scattering and
      protection is required.
      Thanks
      Raju

    • KONSTANTINOS
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 12, 2013
        Hello Murat and welcome.
        Nice photos - its a typical situation for our region. The land has been raped by plow and man - its almost dead, and its going to take some time to reverse the damage - Raju has good advice. Stop tilling - let the native grasses grow, and in the cover/shade of the grass plant vetch, alfalfa cow peas, mung beans and other cover crops to create organic matter and soil fertility as soon as possible. Closely spaced trees will help speed up the process - trees for the land not for you !!!

        Remember what Fukuoka - San said - you are there to serve the land - not be its master - its important to have a good basis for your relationship with the land - you are the SERVANT.
        Good Luck
        Kostas