New Alan Chadwick book from Logosophia: Reverence, Obedience and the Invisible in the Garden:,Talks on the Biodynamic French Intensive System

  • venaurafarm
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2013
      From Logosophia
      Just Published!
      By Alan Chadwick
      Reverence, Obedience and the Invisible in the Garden:
      Talks on the Biodynamic French Intensive System
      Introduction by Dr. Rodney Blackhirst

      To purchase via paypal go to:
      http://www.logosophiabooks.com
      $25
      280 pages
      16 talks
      8 pages of photos

      English-born Alan Chadwick was considered by E. F. Schumacher to be the
      greatest gardener in America. Chadwick was an early force in the
      reintroduction of organics into horticulture, creating gardens of
      exquisite beauty and fertility in the 60's and 70's. He restored ancient
      methods of fully conscious gardening, which were originally alchemical.
      Through his deep connection to Nature, coupled with his tutorship under
      Rudolf Steiner and studies in some of the great gardens of Europe,
      Chadwick developed what he called the 'Biodynamic French Intensive
      system'. In these lyrical talks, transcribed from taped lectures given
      to his students, the practical aspects of gardening, such as composting,
      irrigation, seeds,raised beds and bloom, are shown to have a spiritual
      substratum. Chadwick was a practicing Shakespearian actor, a painter, a
      musician, a mythologist and a storyteller, and brought all these parts
      of himself into the creation of what he considered the greatest art:
      becoming a simple gardener. These inspired transmissions from Alan
      Chadwick bring the reader closer to the living presence of Nature.

      Table of Contents
      Foreword
      Introduction by Dr. Rodney Blackhirst
      The Proscenium Arch by Stephen Crimi
      Nature's Medicine Chest
      Everything is Governed by an Invisible Law
      Bloom and Area of Discontinuity
      Intellect, Reason and Idee
      Seed: The Utmost Idee/The Least Metamorphosis
      Composting
      Energies and Elements
      The King of the Golden River
      Ley Crops
      Irrigation
      Raised Beds
      Fertility/Merchant and Seer
      Art
      The Garden as the Mirror of Man
      History of Herbs
      Energy, Color, Herbs
      Annotated Bibliography
      Acknowledgements

      "Praise for Respect, Reverence and Obedience in the Garden"

      I feel sad when I think how I could have met this beautiful wizard of
      plants, but didn't know Alan Chadwick was there to meet.
      But at least these years later, it's as if he's sitting right here
      addressing this crazy lost time, his implacable hopeful blast of the
      do-ability of peace as a thing of living through plants sprouting inside
      us as a great medicine. If you are already a plant person you probably
      know Alan Chadwick and will love this book. If you aren't you'd better
      read Reverence, Obedience and the Invisible in the Garden.

      Martin Prechtel, author of The Unlikely Peace at Cuchumaquic:
      The Parallel Lives of People as Plants: Keeping the Seeds Alive

      A magnificent work from one of the plant geniuses of our time.
      Essential reading for all who want to deepen their relationship with
      plants and the Earth.

      Stephen Harrod Buhner, author The Secret Teachings of Plants and
      Ensouling Language

      Alan Chadwick demands rigorous thinking while, at the same time,
      offering to his readers and students an invitation to enter a world that
      we might call fanciful, but which is real enough to result in the most
      inspiring gardens imaginable. Reverence, Obedience and the Invisible in
      the Garden is an essential book for the gardener and plant person of any
      stripe, to be read, savored, and read again.

      Deborah Madison, author of Kitchen Literacy and
      Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone

      We can be inspired even now, upon reading these lectures, by the work
      of this great man. And in some small way, we may bring his inspiration
      into our own lives, so that we live not merely for our temporal selves.
      We can become in tune with the infinite, and bring the blessings of
      Eternity into earth existence. In so doing we bless and uplift the Earth
      planet, and ensure its future.

      Dan McGuire, Retired Horticulturalist and Beekeeper

      This is a most beautiful book, transcribing Alan's lectures into a
      language wherein the reader can receive the spirits as they come through
      Alan Chadwick's field of perennial wisdom. This book is a national
      treasure to all gardeners and lovers of the Earth.

      Barbara M.V. Scott, M.Sc., author of The Joy of Biodynamic
      Agriculture: Living with the Unseen Forces Behind Nature
      and Transmissions From the Canid Nation

      You will learn much from and about Mr. Chadwick in this book. His style
      of delivering knowledge to students was never dull nor pedantic. He had
      the ability to give wings to the imagination and fire the will. Yet, he
      always said he was never a teacher; and finally, I have come to
      understand what he meant. To Mr. Chadwick, Nature was the teacher, and
      perhaps he was just reminding us how to open up all of our senses to the
      real Teacher. And though, he didn't believe himself a teacher, I believe
      he gave to me the greatest gifts a teacher can bestow: a sense of wonder
      and reverence for Life and the World, the tools to work with Nature, and
      the drive to carry projects through to the end. And all gardeners know,
      as did Mr.Chadwick, The Garden demands nothing less.

      Gregory H. Hudson, Waldorf Teacher, Eurthymist, Musician, and Gardener

      When I read his lectures I hear the cadence and passion of his
      voice. Alan's eyes sparkled, his smile was deep and mischievous.
      He was intensely alive, alert and full of love for all the beautiful
      things that fill this planet and make it warm and soft and tasteful and
      fragrant. He loved plants and reminded us of their gifts - clean air,
      food and medicine, fiber and flower. He loved birds for their singing
      and flowers for their enchantment and beauty. Alan was an inspired,
      disciplined, and energetic gardener who, with the help of many young
      people, transformed a hillside into a productive garden. He was there
      working from dawn to dark each day. Beautiful, fresh and high quality
      organic vegetables and vibrant flowers flowed in great abundance to the
      community from this garden while its soil grew more friable and fertile
      each year. May Alan continue to light a fire inside the hearts of those
      who read his words and visit his archive.

      Jim Nelson, Camp Joy Gardens

      Or ask your local independent bookstore to order it for you.
      Also available through Amazon and Barnes and Noble

      Reply to: logosophiabooks@...
      http://www.logosophiabooks.com
      http://www.alanchadwick.net

      Logosophia Books