Re: [fukuoka_farming] Possible Ground cover :Sankhapushpi - Clitoris Ternatea

  • apsastry
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2013
      Interesting suggestion Yugandhar. Never realised the "Shankhu" puvvu plants
      that we offer to Gods is also the famous Sankhapushpi!

      Also, the first 2 links on searching Google for "Clitoria ternatea cover
      crop" do suggest that it can be used as a cover crop and has legumious
      properties!

      This could work as a good cover crop for the farms, especially India where
      it seems to grow well and can add income through sale for use in Ayurvedic
      medicines.

      Regards,

      Pavan

      On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Nandan Palaparambil <
      p_k_nandanan@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Yugandhar,
      > Heard of this plant and remember seeing its flowers, we call it
      > Sankupushpam. I will look for this, should be locally available either
      > seeds or can be grown from cuttings?
      >
      > Regards,Nandan

      Pavan Sastry

      "Will and intellect are one and the same thing" - Baruch Spinoza