Wheat and Rice

  • Nandan
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2012
      Dear Raju sir,

      While looking at the photos of your Rice and Wheat cultivation, I felt wheat is doing much better than the rice. In wheat, it has formed uniformly after the broadcasting, are you able to cultivate the rice in the same way? How much wheat was used in acre for broadcasting? Also is it that when you cultivate wheat the weed pressure is less?

      In my rice cultivation, I am able to establish the rice, but the yield is very bad which I wanted to fix at the next time. One issue is that germination is not uniform and hence number of plants per square meter is less. Also I didn't apply any chicken manure like Fukuoka san did, he used to apply 600-900 pounds of chicken manure per quarter acre. I am planning to use cow dung next time to see if I can get a better yield.

      Hi all,

      Wish all of you a happy new year !!

      Regards,
      Nandan