Social Permaculture: The Magic of Connection

  • Living Mandala
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2012
      Dear Friends,

      Magic and Permaculture are both based on the understanding that all life is connected. Yet connecting with the people in our circles is often the hardest part. Co-creative and collaborative groups can be empowering and inspiring, but they face unique challenges. So often we come together full of enthusiasm, only to founder on the rocks of conflict and poor communication.

      Join us for a Free Webinar on Social Permaculture: The Magic of Connection with Starhawk next Tuesday, Dec 18, 5 - 6:30 pm PST.

      Drawing on insights from both permaculture and magic in her latest book, The Empowerment Manual, Starhawk will explore how the principles of ecological design apply to people care as well as gardens. When we learn to work together more skillfully, we can be even more effective agents of change.

      Space is limited, so please register and arrive early to hold your spot.

      To Register and Reserve a Space Click Here.

      ______________________

      Want to go deeper?

      Come start off the New Year deepening your skills to face the shifting times with the Earth Activist Training - two weeks that can change your life and help you change the world!

      Earth Activist Training is a Permaculture Design Certificate Course with a grounding in earth-based spirituality, and a focus on organizing, activism, and social permaculture as well as urban and rural land-based systems.

      Earth Activist Training
      Permacultrue Design Course

      January 8 - 22, 2013
      Cazadero, N. California

      -Taught by Starhawk and Friends

      For More Information Click Here

      Learn how to heal soil and cleanse water, how to design human systems that mimic natural systems, using a minimum of energy and resources and creating real abundance and social justice. Explore the strategies and organizing tools we need to make our visions real, and the daily practice, magic and rituals that can sustain our spirits. Participatory, hands-on teaching with lots of ritual, games, projects, songs, and laughs along with an intensive curriculum in ecological design.

      About Starhawk:

      Starhawk is a committed global justice activist, organizer, speaker, teacher, and the author or coauthor of 12 books. Starhawk travels internationally teaching permaculture, magic, the tools of ritual, and the skills of activism for diverse groups, communities and audiences.

      Starhawk is perhaps best known as an articulate voice in the revival of earth-based spirituality and Goddess religion. Besides her inspiring, much-read books, she is a cofounder of Reclaiming, an activist branch of modern Pagan religion, and continues to work closely with the Reclaiming community. Her works include The Spiral Dance, long considered the essential text for the Neo-Pagan movement; the now-classic ecotopian novel, The Fifth Sacred Thing; and the award-winning Webs of Power: Notes from the Global Uprising.

      Starhawk's latest book is The Empowerment Manual - A Guide for Collaborative Groups on power, process and group dynamics. Starhawk's books have been translated into many languages, while her essays are reprinted across the world, and have been included in numerous anthologies. Her writing is influential and has been quoted by many hundreds of other authors, from magazines to trade and academic press. Her books are often used in college curriculums. She is currently working with Yerba Buena Films on a feature production of her novel, The Fifth Sacred Thing. http://fifthsacredthing.com/.

      Living Mandala
      Organizing Education, Events & Initiatives for Personal & Planetary Transformation
      www.LivingMandala.com
      Find Living Mandala on Facebook!