Re: hugelkultur saves the world

  • trenthillsmike
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 3, 2012
      Hello Brian,

      I much prefer to leave my logs and brush in piles where I've collected them when I need to collect them. Normally, I try to leave them where they fall. I've observed that they become magnets for insects and other wildlife as Nature does whatever she will with them. I'm only just realizing that the less that I try to do, the more that I seem to accomplish. I'm still trying to understand how that can be. I wonder if Fukuoka would see that as encapsulating do nothing.

      Hugelkultur may have it's place in permaculture but I don't think that has anything to do with the essence of natural farming. I think also that using anything other than handtools gets one on a very complicated path that can't be understood. Despite our complex brains, we seem to function better by keeping life and the processes of life simple.

      Mike

      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Brian Kennedy <thefreedomofcraft1@...> wrote:

      Thank you, Mike, for finding the quote and taking the trouble to repeat it here. I find it frustrating that people try to promote things that are obvious steps backward here (if one has studied the basic foundation literature.) They are just creating confusion and wasting people's time, not to mention wasting fossil fuels and making an ugly mess of the landscape.