Re: Those bugs 'are going to outsmart us' �Article by: JOSEPHINE MARCOTTY, Star Tribune; Updated: November 24, 2012

  • yuvacharya
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2012
      Dear friend,Farming community is always under stress and fear due to
      lack of knowledge and wisdom required about nature and its
      principles.When the soil is healthy, plants will essentially be healthy.
      No amount of external inputs are going to make plant free from the
      pests, infections etc.We did experiment for the past 3 years application
      of natural farming as proposed by Mr. Subhash Palekar in various parts
      of India and found the crops free from all kinds of pests and diseases
      automatically as the soil started gaining health by natural means.Of
      course local seeds are the best to get the best yields. We have
      completely stopped all kinds of fertilizers Chemical or organic and
      absolutely left all pesticides, insecticides, medicines either, organic
      or chemical.We are finding the crops are growing to give yields
      perennially. Our agriculture is now becoming more and more sustainable
      with lesser and lesser inputs almost becoming Zero Budget Natural
      Farming now!Our human intervention in farming has reduced enormously
      excepting selecting the seeds and plants and placements.Thanks to
      Fukuoka for waking up the farmers towards natural means of farming
      learning from the forest!regards,Ravisankar (91-9392444251)
      --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Jason Stewart <macropneuma@...>
      wrote:

      > -->
      http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/180648161.html?page=all&prep\
      age=1&c=y#continue

      > Article by: JOSEPHINE MARCOTTY , Star Tribune Updated: November 24,
      2012 - 6:41 AM
      > As nature adapts to chemicals and genetically engineered seeds,
      farmers face new threats.

    • Steve Grannis
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2012
        please elaborate on your experiments! thanks

        ________________________________
        wrote:

        > -->
        http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/180648161.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

        > Article by: JOSEPHINE MARCOTTY , Star Tribune Updated: November 24,
        2012 - 6:41 AM
        > As nature adapts to chemicals and genetically engineered seeds,
        farmers face new threats.

      • Alan Sloan
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
          Yes,
          I too would like to hear more. Please understand that Many if us would know nothing of your locality so that even a very basic story would mean a lot, even things you would normally consider obvious like weather and soil, times for sowing and harvesting etc and animal life. (Of course humans come in the latter category!)
          Best Regards from England,
          Alan