Those bugs 'are going to outsmart us' –Ar ticle by: JOSEPHINE MARCOTTY, Star Tribune ; Updated: November 24, 2012

  • Jason Stewart
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2012
      --> http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/180648161.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

      Article by: JOSEPHINE MARCOTTY , Star Tribune Updated: November 24, 2012 - 6:41 AM
      As nature adapts to chemicals and genetically engineered seeds, farmers face new threats.

    • yuvacharya
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2012
        Dear friend,Farming community is always under stress and fear due to
        lack of knowledge and wisdom required about nature and its
        principles.When the soil is healthy, plants will essentially be healthy.
        No amount of external inputs are going to make plant free from the
        pests, infections etc.We did experiment for the past 3 years application
        of natural farming as proposed by Mr. Subhash Palekar in various parts
        of India and found the crops free from all kinds of pests and diseases
        automatically as the soil started gaining health by natural means.Of
        course local seeds are the best to get the best yields. We have
        completely stopped all kinds of fertilizers Chemical or organic and
        absolutely left all pesticides, insecticides, medicines either, organic
        or chemical.We are finding the crops are growing to give yields
        perennially. Our agriculture is now becoming more and more sustainable
        with lesser and lesser inputs almost becoming Zero Budget Natural
        Farming now!Our human intervention in farming has reduced enormously
        excepting selecting the seeds and plants and placements.Thanks to
        Fukuoka for waking up the farmers towards natural means of farming
        learning from the forest!regards,Ravisankar (91-9392444251)
        --- In fukuoka_farming@yahoogroups.com, Jason Stewart <macropneuma@...>
        wrote:

        > -->
        http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/180648161.html?page=all&prep\
        age=1&c=y#continue

        > Article by: JOSEPHINE MARCOTTY , Star Tribune Updated: November 24,
        2012 - 6:41 AM
        > As nature adapts to chemicals and genetically engineered seeds,
        farmers face new threats.

      • Steve Grannis
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2012
          please elaborate on your experiments! thanks

          ________________________________
          wrote:

          > -->
          http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/180648161.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

          > Article by: JOSEPHINE MARCOTTY , Star Tribune Updated: November 24,
          2012 - 6:41 AM
          > As nature adapts to chemicals and genetically engineered seeds,
          farmers face new threats.

        • Alan Sloan
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
            Yes,
            I too would like to hear more. Please understand that Many if us would know nothing of your locality so that even a very basic story would mean a lot, even things you would normally consider obvious like weather and soil, times for sowing and harvesting etc and animal life. (Of course humans come in the latter category!)
            Best Regards from England,
            Alan