Re: free seeds and synergy notes

  • tiakd14477
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 4 9:48 AM
      I must have missed this as my account size was too large and was
      refusing messages.
      Free open pollinated seeds? Was he wishing people to grow for
      anything specific - seeds in exchange, comment on growth in certain
      climates etc?
      Is it possible to request from Canada? I was told a year ago that
      they are halting seed exchanges between US and Canada and I was
      disappointed as I used to do a lot of exchange with US people. Got my
      favorite tomato seeds from there - Amish Paste (yes, they grew in
      zone 2-3 which is totally unbelievable.)
      I do try to pass along heirloom and open pollinated seeds to anyone
      interested, so if he is wanting to promote people using non-hybrids,
      I would be more than happy to help. Due to a bad year with an
      unexpected hard frost while we were gone, I had no seeds to save this
      year so am having to find them where I can.
      I can't imagine there are a lot that would be growable in my short
      season climate, but I would be willing to try something. Does he have
      a list somewhere?
      And if I am completely off on what is going on, by all means,
      straighten me out :<)
      Regards
      Heather

      -- In fukuoka_farming@y..., "Leland Lehrman" <leland@3...> wrote:
      > Howdy folks, appreciate the increasing diversity and richness of
      the posts and the new members with their spiraling requests and
      contributions. I have everyone's free seed order for George but am
      missing one person's address. Will wait on that address for another
      week and then proceed with distribution. I will make one last call
      here for orders from the new folks