Re: [fukuoka_farming] goiaba tree

  • Marcos G.
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 28, 2012
      On Sunday 28 October 2012 01:36:29 Daniel Camolês wrote:
      > To be more exact, when I arrived here at July last year it was just
      > sprouting. Now is that size you saw and have little fruits. I just
      > discovered a new sprout in the front yard... Don't know how it appeared
      > there. You see it's really native.

      Great, as guava is one of the most nutritive fruits in the world, that's a very lucky situation!!!

      > "Marcos G. " <marcos@...> escreveu:
      > >On Saturday 27 October 2012 16:05:12 Daniel Camoles wrote:
      > >> Hi Marcos,
      > >> You have asked me to post a picture from the little
      > >> goiaba tree, so here it is. It's one year old and is
      > >> already putting some flower and we can see the small
      > >> fruits forming.
      > >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigatojj/8128400303/in/photostream
      > >
      > >thanks
      > >
      > >just 1 year old and it's flowering? mines I bought at 2 different
      > >"nurseries" (personal managed), one
      > >is about 5 years old, the other maybe 3 years old, it's spring here too
      > >and I cant see any sign of
      > >flowers coming from them; anyway, they are fine and sprouting a lot of
      > >leaves (the frosts in the
      > >winter made them loose almos all the leaves)
      > >
      > >strawberry guava has many flower buds, also the uvaia (eugenia
      > >pyriformis), 1 pitanga has at least 1
      > >flower bud, and the sete capotes (campomanesia guazumifolia) has many
      > >flower buds, also the feijoas
      > >
      > >but the guavas and the guaviyu: nothing yet :-/
      > >
      > >I think it's because of the colder climate here

      Marcos Guglielmetti

      ((*J*))
      www.musix.org.ar
      www.ovejafm.com
      www.softwarelibre.org.ar

      "The beginning of the mistake is from growing meat for the king and wine for the church."
      http://www.context.org/ICLIB/IC14/Fukuoka.htm