Re: [fukuoka_farming] couple responses around synergy seeds and george stevens

  • GlobalCirclenet
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2002
      http://globalcircle.net/foodplants.htm#Quinoa

      paul & barb on the Continental Divide
      http://globalcircle.net

      *********** REPLY SEPARATOR ***********

      On 12/4/2002 at 11:31 AM Justin . wrote:

      >Just from looking through, I thought these sounded interesting, but I'm
      >not
      >sure if my climate is okay for them:
      >HOLY BASIL
      >
      >GARDEN SAGE
      >
      >KILI- QUILQUINA
      >
      >LAMBSQUARTER [whichever one is best for colder climate (UK).
      >
      >MALLOW, CURLYLEAF SALAD
      >
      >red SHISO [is it ok for colder climate?
      >
      >PERUVIAN GOOSE [ok for cold?]
      >
      >What grains are good for English climate???
      >
      >HULLESS BARLEY Tibetan
      >
      >CORN [any kind that is best for cold place (England) preferably prety
      >colours!]
      >
      >ALFALFA
      >
      >CLOVER, GIANTS HEAD
      >
      >ECHINACEA, PURPUREA
      >

      >I'm in England, so I was hoping someone could advise me on what plants
      >will
      >be good in our rather cold climate. I would really like to try growing
      >some
      >grains, like some of those wierd one "quinoa" or whatever. If you guys can

      >recommend what things grow well here, I'd be greatful.
      >And also, how long do seeds keep for? If I don't get to plant them this
      >spring, can I still plant them next spring?
      >Thanks,
      >Justin.
      >

      >>Justin: synergyseeds.com has a list of seeds that I am sponsoring. Choose
      >>top ten list and five will come your way soon.

    • Justin .
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2002
        Leland, here is a list that I've made by attempting to narrow down the
        website list. (Sorry it's a bit disorganised). As I have no experience of
        planting - this will be my first experiment - I thouht you might be able to
        advise me on what to choose. Maybe you know what on my list is totally
        unsuitable for England, or what is missing that is important. I think
        growing grains could be good too, but I don't know which would grow here.
        And when there are more than 5, maybe I can pay myself for the others, or I
        could keep a note of them and order them later.
        Thanks
        Justin.

        HOLY BASIL India