Re: [fukuoka_farming] couple responses around synergy seeds and george stevens

  • Justin .
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2002
      Just from looking through, I thought these sounded interesting, but I'm not
      sure if my climate is okay for them:
      HOLY BASIL

      GARDEN SAGE

      KILI- QUILQUINA

      LAMBSQUARTER [whichever one is best for colder climate (UK).

      MALLOW, CURLYLEAF SALAD

      red SHISO [is it ok for colder climate?

      PERUVIAN GOOSE [ok for cold?]

      What grains are good for English climate???

      HULLESS BARLEY Tibetan

      CORN [any kind that is best for cold place (England) preferably prety
      colours!]

      ALFALFA

      CLOVER, GIANTS HEAD

      ECHINACEA, PURPUREA

      I'm in England, so I was hoping someone could advise me on what plants will
      be good in our rather cold climate. I would really like to try growing some
      grains, like some of those wierd one "quinoa" or whatever. If you guys can
      recommend what things grow well here, I'd be greatful.
      And also, how long do seeds keep for? If I don't get to plant them this
      spring, can I still plant them next spring?
      Thanks,
      Justin.

      >Justin: synergyseeds.com has a list of seeds that I am sponsoring. Choose a
      >top ten list and five will come your way soon.

    • GlobalCirclenet
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2002
        http://globalcircle.net/foodplants.htm#Quinoa

        paul & barb on the Continental Divide
        http://globalcircle.net

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 5, 2002
          Leland, here is a list that I've made by attempting to narrow down the
          website list. (Sorry it's a bit disorganised). As I have no experience of
          planting - this will be my first experiment - I thouht you might be able to
          advise me on what to choose. Maybe you know what on my list is totally
          unsuitable for England, or what is missing that is important. I think
          growing grains could be good too, but I don't know which would grow here.
          And when there are more than 5, maybe I can pay myself for the others, or I
          could keep a note of them and order them later.
          Thanks
          Justin.

          HOLY BASIL India