couple responses around synergy seeds and george stevens

  • Leland Lehrman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2002
      Pavle: Thanks, and I have your address, it's kieran's in ireland i don't
      have.

      Bob: sounds good. I have some of the arugula too. will seed some indoors and
      some outdoors straightaway. Can we put you on the mailing list?

      Justin: synergyseeds.com has a list of seeds that I am sponsoring. Choose a
      top ten list and five will come your way soon. as for sending money, that is
      optional but it would be to synergy seeds in order to facilitate someone
      with limited resources to get free or dollar a pack seeds. before you send
      the money, get yourself some seeds. hopefully we can get them to you in
      england, we'll see.

      Larry: good ideas all. will check with george and forward him your message
      here.

      BTW, those seeking to contact George can do so at synergy67@... his
      email is also linked from the site at synergyseeds.com. We will be revising
      the website this winter after the harvest is in.

      Leland
    • Justin .
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2002
        Just from looking through, I thought these sounded interesting, but I'm not
        sure if my climate is okay for them:
        HOLY BASIL

        GARDEN SAGE

        KILI- QUILQUINA

        LAMBSQUARTER [whichever one is best for colder climate (UK).

        MALLOW, CURLYLEAF SALAD

        red SHISO [is it ok for colder climate?

        PERUVIAN GOOSE [ok for cold?]

        What grains are good for English climate???

        HULLESS BARLEY Tibetan

        CORN [any kind that is best for cold place (England) preferably prety
        colours!]

        ALFALFA

        CLOVER, GIANTS HEAD

        ECHINACEA, PURPUREA

        I'm in England, so I was hoping someone could advise me on what plants will
        be good in our rather cold climate. I would really like to try growing some
        grains, like some of those wierd one "quinoa" or whatever. If you guys can
        recommend what things grow well here, I'd be greatful.
        And also, how long do seeds keep for? If I don't get to plant them this
        spring, can I still plant them next spring?
        Thanks,
        Justin.

        >Justin: synergyseeds.com has a list of seeds that I am sponsoring. Choose a
        >top ten list and five will come your way soon.

      • GlobalCirclenet
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2002
          http://globalcircle.net/foodplants.htm#Quinoa

          paul & barb on the Continental Divide
          http://globalcircle.net

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2002
            Leland, here is a list that I've made by attempting to narrow down the
            website list. (Sorry it's a bit disorganised). As I have no experience of
            planting - this will be my first experiment - I thouht you might be able to
            advise me on what to choose. Maybe you know what on my list is totally
            unsuitable for England, or what is missing that is important. I think
            growing grains could be good too, but I don't know which would grow here.
            And when there are more than 5, maybe I can pay myself for the others, or I
            could keep a note of them and order them later.
            Thanks
            Justin.

            HOLY BASIL India